Yogi's Ark Lark is a 1972 animated television film produced by Hanna-Barbera, intended to raise ecological awareness. It was broadcast on September 16, 1972 as part of The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie and served as the pilot for Yogi's Gang. Aside from its environmental message, the film marked a milestone in Hanna-Barbera's history: a wide range of the studio’s characters were united in one story for the first time. This set the tone for future series and specials, such as Laff-A-Lympics and Yogi's First Christmas.
In this, the pilot for what would eventually become "Yogi's Gang", Yogi, Boo Boo and many of his friends including Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Magilla Gorilla among others decide to build an ark to look for the mythical Perfect Place which is peaceful and hasn't been affected by man and pollution. They hire the Jellystone's janitor Noah Smith to act as captain and travel throughout the world looking for such a place. Even though they think every place they land is a "Perfect place", they soon find out that there is definitely no place like home.
Sound Effects Used
- Sound Ideas, POP, CARTOON - PIP POP,
- H-B SPIN, CARTOON - WACKY SPIN WITH DRUM
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - BIG THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 02
- H-B TEETH, CARTOON - TEETH CHATTER
- Sound Ideas, AIRPLANE, JET - FAST PASS BY, LONG
- Sound Ideas, WIND - SIBERIAN WIND, WEATHER
- Sound Ideas, SLIDE, CARTOON - SHORT SLIDE UP