Willy's Wonderland is a 2021 American action comedy horror film directed by Kevin Lewis from a screenplay written by G. O. Parsons. The film stars Nicolas Cage, who also serves as producer, along with Emily Tosta, Ric Reitz, Chris Warner, Kai Kadlec, Christian Del Grosso, Caylee Cowan, Terayle Hill, Jonathan Mercedes, David Sheftell, and Beth Grant. It follows a quiet drifter who is tricked into cleaning up an abandoned family entertainment center haunted by eight murderous animatronic characters.
The project was announced in October 2019, with screenwriter Parsons having conceived the idea based on his 2016 short film Wally's Wonderland, which was also the script's original name. It caught Cage's attention, who shortly after agreed to participate as both an actor and a producer. Lewis was hired as director in December 2019 while the cast joined in February 2020. Prior to its release, the film received a small cult following due to sharing its premise with the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.
Willy's Wonderland was originally set for a worldwide theatrical release on October 30, 2020, but was postponed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Instead, it was released through video on demand, with a simultaneous limited theatrical release in the United States, on February 12, 2021 by Screen Media Films. The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics, who praised Cage's performance and the animatronics' movements, but criticized the plot. Currently, a sequel is in development.
- Willy's Wonderland (2021) (Trailers)
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Bear Grizzly Roars Mu AT030401 (Used for Gus Gorilla.)
- Hollywoodedge, Lion Roar Snarl Growl AT013501 (Used for Willy Weasel.)
- Jurassic Park, T-Rex - Exclamation Roar (Used for Arty Alligator.)
- SKYWALKER, ROAR - MONGO SCREAM (Used for Ozzie Ostrich, Arty Alligator and Willy Weasel.)
- Sound Ideas, HUMAN, BABY - EIGHT MONTH OLD BABY: CRYING