Wii Party is a party video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii video game console. The game heavily borrows game play elements from the Mario Party series, another Nintendo franchise. It is also the first game in the Wii series that Shigeru Miyamoto did not produce. The game was released in Japan on July 8, 2010, in North America on October 3, 2010, in Australia on October 7, 2010, and in Europe on October 8, 2010. Wii Party was revealed by Satoru Iwata in a Financial Results Briefing on May 7, 2010. It received somewhat mixed to positive reviews from critics and sold 9.35 million copies worldwide as of September 2019. A sequel, Wii Party U, was released for the Wii U on October 25, 2013.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Single Clas AT043701 (Heard in the minigame "Animal Tracker".)
- Hollywoodedge, Lion Roar Snarl Growl AT013501
- Sound Ideas, CAT - DOMESTIC: SINGLE MEOW, ANIMAL 02 (Heard in the minigame "Animal Tracker".)
- Sound Ideas, COW - SINGLE MOO, ANIMAL 02 (Heard in the minigame "Animal Tracker".)
- Sound Ideas, SHEEP - BABY CALLING, ANIMAL 02 (Heard in a low pitch in the minigame "Animal Tracker".)
- Sound Ideas, SHEEP - BABY CALLING, ANIMAL 03