Wii Fit Plus is an exergaming video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii console. The game was released in Japan on October 1, 2009 and other regions in the same month. Wii Fit Plus was announced during Nintendo's E3 2009 media briefing on June 2, 2009.
The game is an enhanced version of Wii Fit, with 15 new balance and aerobics games (referred to as "Training Plus") and six new strength training and yoga activities. New features include a calorie burning counter, the ability for users to create custom fitness regimens or choose from a number of specialized routines based on specific objectives and available time, and the option to create profiles for pets and babies. Users are also able to navigate more quickly between exercises.
Wii Fit Plus is sold bundled with a Wii Balance Board, as well as separately for existing Wii Balance Board owners. Most activities are for a single player, but there are a number of multi-player activities that allow up to 8 players to take turns using one Wii Balance Board.
Wii Fit Plus garnered both critical and commercial success. The game has received aggregate review scores of 80.83% and 80% on GameRankings and Metacritic respectively. Wii Fit Plus is the seventh best-selling game on the Wii, with a total of 21.13 million copies sold as of September 2018.
Sound Effects Used
- Sound Ideas, APPLAUSE, CHEERING - INDOOR: HOCKEY ARENA, LARGE CROWD CHEERING 02
- Sound Ideas, BELL, FIGHT - BOXING RING FIGHT BELL: SINGLE RING, SPORTS
- Sound Ideas, BIRD, ROOSTER - MORNING CALL, ANIMAL 01
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - GOOD SPRONG 02
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, SWISH - LONG SWISH BY
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - FALL WHISTLE, MEDIUM 01 (Heard whenever falling in "Tightrope Walk", "Balance Bubble" and "Balance Bubble Plus".)
- Sound Ideas, DOG, POMERANIAN - SMALL DOG, BARKING, ANIMAL