Wii Fit is an exergaming video game designed by Nintendo's Hiroshi Matsunaga for the Wii home video game console. It is an exercise game with several activities using the Wii Balance Board peripheral. As of March 2012 Wii Fit was the third best selling console game not packaged with a console, with 22.67 million copies sold.
The game uses a unique platform peripheral called the Wii Balance Board, on which the player stands during exercise. The Board is not a rocking balance board but a device that tracks the user's center of balance. The game features yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games. Matsunaga described the game as a "way to help get families exercising together". Wii Fit has been used for physiotherapy rehabilitation and has been adopted by various health clubs around the world. It has been used in nursing homes to improve posture in the elderly. The game has received generally positive reviews, despite criticism over the lack of intensity in some of its workout activities.
Sound Effects Used
- Sound Ideas, BELL, FIGHT - BOXING RING FIGHT BELL: SINGLE RING, SPORTS
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - GOOD SPRONG 02
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - FALL WHISTLE, MEDIUM 01 (Heard whenever falling from "Tightrope Walk" and "Balance Bubble".)
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - SLIDE WHISTLE: QUICK ZIP UP
- Sound Ideas, DOG, POMERANIAN - SMALL DOG, BARKING, ANIMAL
- Sound Ideas, SWISH, CARTOON - ROPE TWIRLING SWISHES