WandaVision is an American television miniseries created by Jac Schaeffer for the streaming service Disney+, based on the Marvel Comics characters Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch and Vision. Set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), it shares continuity with the films of the franchise and takes place after the events of the film Avengers: Endgame. WandaVision was produced by Marvel Studios, with Schaeffer serving as head writer and Matt Shakman directing.
Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany reprise their respective roles as Wanda Maximoff and Vision from the film series, with Debra Jo Rupp, Fred Melamed, Kathryn Hahn, Teyonah Parris, Randall Park, Kat Dennings, and Evan Peters also starring. By September 2018, Marvel Studios was developing a number of limited series for Disney+ centered on supporting characters from the MCU films such as Wanda and Vision, with Olsen and Bettany returning. Schaeffer was hired in January 2019, the series was officially announced that April, and Shakman joined in August. The series pays homage to past sitcoms, with Wanda and Vision living in a reality that takes them through different decades of television tropes. Filming began in Atlanta, Georgia in November 2019, before production halted in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Production resumed in Los Angeles in September 2020 and ended that November.
WandaVision premiered with its first two episodes on January 15, 2021, and ran for nine episodes, concluding on March 5. It is the first series in Phase Four of the MCU. The series received praise from critics for its sitcom settings and tropes, dark tonal shifts, and the performances of Olsen, Bettany, and Hahn. It was widely discussed and analysed by fans based on various popular theories and perceived mysteries, as well as for its use of sitcom references and exploration of grief.
TV Show Intro
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Baby 10 Mo Crying Inte AZ053504 (Heard once at the beginning of "On a Very Special Episode..."; used for Tommy and Billy as babies.)
- Hollywoodedge, Baby Crying Slowly PE144001 (Heard once in "On a Very Special Episode...".)
- Hollywoodedge, Owl Great Horned Hoot AT083001
- Sound Ideas, HUMAN, BABY - CHILD CRYING, 10 MONTHS OLD BABY, HUMAN, DIGIFFECTS (Heard once at the beginning of "On a Very Special Episode..."; used for Tommy and Billy as babies when they cry.)
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 04 (Heard once in "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" during the Yo-Magic commercial when a shark jumps off an island.)