What's up! I'm Willie Okendo, and I'm here to help out on this site since I know the more recognizable sounds I've heard in the entertainment industry. I mainly know what uses cartoon sounds and some general realistic sounds. And I'm also the watcher of this wiki, making sure users follow the rules. And if you break the rules, you will be blocked for a month or more. I'm watching you!
Note: For anyone who wants to add pages themselves (most notably MurphyWiki), I want to give you a warning that I'm on my laptop almost all day and always check, edit, and add anything on this site. So please don't trip on me about that since I hate when people complain to me that they wanted to do it first and not me, you should tell me first before I start doing it OK.
My Favorite Anime
- Azumanga Daioh (Love this one SO MUCH! Check out my art of the anime I did at ArtChanXV on DeviantArt.)
- Love Live! Sunshine!!
- Alien Nine
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Lucky Star
- Sakura Trick
- Pokemon (Seasons 1-3)
- Digimon Adventure 01 and 02
- Spirited Away (2001)
My Fan-Made Anime Shows
- Anime All Star
- Sakaki & Kaorin
- Azumanga Preschool
- Takeru & Hikari
- Azumanga College
- Azumanga Preschool And Takeru & Hikari
- Azumanga Tunes
- Love Live! School Idol Stars
- The Pani Poni Dash Show!
- Nichijou & Pani Poni Dash!
- New Digimon Adventures
- Digimon Adventures With T.K. & Kari
- The Digimon Clubhouse
- Aria Mini Shorts
- Bubble Symphony: The Animation
- Pokémon The New Indigo League Quest
- Tom & Jerry-San, and Polly-Chan
- My Friend Totoro
- Gal*Gun: The Animation
- The Familiar of Zero: Two F's
- This New Yet Beautiful World
My Opinion on Stock SFX
I have been collecting sound effects libraries since I've first gotten the first Cartoon Trax Sound Effects Library. Since then, I've bought more sound effects libraries after. The reason for that is because I want to make my own sound effects library containing my favorite sound effects, and creating my own new sounds. Since I'm getting tired of hearing the same Hollywood Edge (mainly The Premiere Edition Vol. 1, The Edge Edition Vol. 1, and Animal Trax) and Hanna-Barbera sound effects in today's entertainment industry, I want to give the other sound effects libraries a chance by using those more often than the ones we hear today.
You can see the list of SFX libraries I will be using for my own SFX library.
For anyone who hasn't seen one of my blogs I did back then which is my list of Top Ten Annoying H-B and General SFX, there are several cartoon and general SFX I hate hearing now a days. I will only show the ones that irritate me the most now a days.
Cartoon Sounds I Hate
- Sound Ideas, WHINE, CARTOON - SHELL SCREAMING WHINE DOWN,: My arch nemesis I hate hearing in cartoons and animated films now a days. It really irritates me everytime anything or anyone falls! How I wish the 1955 MGM cartoon "Good Will To Men" was never made, or that Hanna and Barbera (who were once the directors and producers of MGM until 1957) wouldn't of used it as their trademark. But the reason for this is because they wanted to copy and be like WB at that time Which I think is not a good idea since they need to be their own thing on cartoon sounds instead of imitating others.
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - BIG WHISTLE ZING OUT: Way too overused and can get annoying.
- Sound Ideas, TAKE, CARTOON - WHISTLE TAKE
- Sound Ideas, PLINK, CARTOON - SOUR PLINK
- Sound Ideas, PLUCK, CARTOON - VAROOP: I'm not OK with this in anime, thinkin it's an anime sound, but is not.
- Sound Ideas, BITE, CARTOON - BIG CHOMP
- Sound Ideas, BITE, CARTOON - BONE BITE
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 03: I prefer the 5th ricco over this.
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - THIN RICCO 03: I prefer the 6th ricco over this.
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 07: I prefer the rare 8th ricco sound over this one.
- RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 14: This one is at least rare, and is only used in stuff made prior to the 1980s and 90's before it faded into obscurity. I don't like it as much as the rare 9th ricco.
- SKYWALKER, WHISTLE - SHORT, DESCENDING WHISTLE
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - FALL WHISTLE, LONG
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - FALL WHISTLE, MEDIUM 01
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - SIREN WHISTLE
- Many zip whistles from Cartoon Trax Volume 1, Series 4000, and the Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library.
- Some plink sounds from the Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library.
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 05
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 06
- RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 08
- RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 09
- SKYWALKER, WHISTLE - LONG, DESCENDING WHISTLE
Note: One I didn't list is the Looney Tunes Cartoon Fall Sound since I will list all 14 of the whistles I like or hate in bullet list:
- 1st - OK With
- 2nd - Hate
- 3rd - Prefer
- 4th - OK With
- 5th - Hate
- 6th - Prefer
- 7th - Hate
- 8th - Prefer
- 9th - Hate
- 10th - Prefer
- 11th - Hate
- 12th - Prefer
- 13th - Hate
- 14th - Prefer
Another that has its hit or miss for me is the Tom Scream, like the Looney Tunes fall sound, there are some I like and some I don't like.
General Sounds I Hate
- Hollywoodedge, Cats Two Angry YowlsD PE022601: I agree that this SFX is SO ANNOYING everytime companies use it for when someone or something crashes off screen. Since I'm already getting tired of hearing this so much, that now it's considered my arch nemesis of general animal sounds. And the reason for this is because Disney decided to use this in their show DuckTales in 1987 (5 years after its first use in Vincent). 3 years later, The Hollywood Edge made the first volume of the Premiere Edition SFX Library which included this notorious SFX, which led to Fox getting the SFX library and using it for The Simpsons since season 2. That's why we hear it so much now a days. However, Japan rarely uses it and it doesn't show up too much in anime thankfully.
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Rooster 2 Crow PE021501/Hollywoodedge, Rooster Crow Typical AT086301, Sound Ideas, BIRD, ROOSTER - ROOSTER: TWO CALLS, ANIMAL, and Sound Ideas, BIRD, ROOSTER - MORNING CALL, ANIMAL 01: I always hated rooster crow sounds since I was a kid, and these two really bug me the most.
- Hollywoodedge, Crowd Reaction Shock PE142501
- Hollywoodedge, Bottle Rocket 2 Picco PE098501
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Hawk Single Scre PE020801/Hollywoodedge, Hawk Screech Single AT082901 and Sound Ideas, BIRD, HAWK - RED TAILED HAWK CALLING, ANIMAL
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Trumpeting PE024801 and Hollywoodedge, Elephant Single Clas AT043801
- Hollywoodedge, Chimpanzee Screeche PE026201
- Hollywoodedge, Horses Several Whinn PE025201/Hollywoodedge, Horses 1 High Pitched TE016301 and most Series 6000 Horse Whinnies
- Sound Ideas, HUMAN, SCREAM - SCREAM: FEMALE, HORROR 03, Hollywoodedge, Screams 1 Woman Singl PE133501, and Hollywoodedge, Screams 7 Woman Three PE134101: I agree these 3 screaming sounds are annoying and need to stop being used.
- Almost all the female screaming sounds from the Series 4000.
- Sound Ideas, SCREAM - FEMALE, SHORT, HUMAN, HORROR 01
- Sound Ideas, HUMAN, BABY - CRYING: I agree this is annoying and needs to stop being used.
- Hollywoodedge, Police Wailer Siren PE080801/Hollywoodedge, Yelper Siren Multipl PE081101
- Sound Ideas, ANIMAL, CAT - TOM CATS, FIGHTING, HISSING, GROWLING
- All the cat sounds from Animal Trax, Cartoon Trax Volume 1, and Series 4000.
- Sound Ideas, CROWD, REACTION - PEOPLE SAYING 'OOHHH'
- Sound Ideas, HORSE - EXTERIOR: WHINNY, ANIMAL 01
- Sound Ideas, SIREN - CONSTANT WAILS AND YELPS
- Sound Ideas, SIREN - SIREN, POLICE, AMBULANCE, FIRE TRUCK 01
- Hollywoodedge, Sky Rocket Loud High TE021701
- Hollywoodedge, Hawk Redtailed Scree AT082801
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Single Trum AT043404
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Single Clas AT043701
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Single Clas AT043901
- Hollywoodedge, Girl Screams Long Hi CRT028201
- Valentino Horse Whinnying, Three Winnies