Hi, my name is Susumu "Driller" Takajima, but you can just call me Driller. One of my favorite things to do while playing video games is trying to figure out where the sound effects come from.
I first discovered the site when I searched "Crash Bandicoot sound effects" on Google, before I stumbled upon its page on the site. That's when I began using the site. Now I have to know how I ended up becoming a moderator...
Sound Effects I Would Use in My Games
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - HOYT'S BOING (Would use when jumping from a spring, with Mario saying "Whee hee hee!")
- Sound Ideas, SPLAT, CARTOON - PIE IN FACE SPLAT (Would use when someone would run into a wall, used this a few times in my former GoAnimate series when an egg would hit an object or when someone lands on the ground)
- Sound Ideas, WHINE, CARTOON - SHELL SCREAMING WHINE DOWN (Would use in a Mario game when Mario would fall from a great height, while Mario's scream overlaps it)
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - BIG WHISTLE ZING OUT (My arch nemesis, would rather prefer to use a high-pitched or sped up version)
- Wilhelm Scream (One sound effect I am very fond of using, I used that a few times in my former GoAnimate shorts before I got busted by the great and terrible DMCA)
Sound Effects Libraries I Need to Try
- Hanna-Barbera Sound Effects Library
- The General Series 6000 Sound Effects Library
- The Premiere Edition Volume 1
Sound Effects I Hate
- Sound Ideas, CAT - DOMESTIC: SINGLE MEOW, ANIMAL 02 - Sounds similar to Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - BIG WHISTLE ZING OUT, this is an annoying cat sound from Sound Ideas! I hate games that have luck-based missions, especially the Love's Me minigame from New Super Mario Bros. after playing several rounds against my friends back in my heyday in 2010, I always got the bad ending (and therefore hearing this sound) and they would all laugh at me.
- Princess Daisy's Big NO! from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Jesus Christ! A lot of other players hate it too. This is one common, ANNOYING sound of her screaming, used heavily in Double Dash!!, only not to realize a number of other Mario games use that scream too. Here's a list of games that I have played known to use that scream:
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Debut)
- Mario Superstar Baseball
- Mario Kart Wii (did not notice that until I saw it on TV Tropes)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- Mario Kart 7 (probably when falling off the course as Daisy?)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - BIG WHISTLE ZING OUT - My number one worst enemy! I'm with WikiExpertXV who hates this sound too! Who the heck created it!? Why is it so common nowadays? Since its start in The Huckleberry Hound Show, it infected a lot of other media, even popping up in a Scholastic Book Fair promo! It even infected anime in the 1980s starting in the FMV arcade game Time Gal! It's even guilty of Most Annoying Sound on TVTropes within a few games! Though it's not commonly used in anime nowadays, some modern anime as of today did so either due to heavy use of H-B sounds or the sound designers/editors being upright stupid (probably eats McDonald's every day, votes Republican, or mains Hanzo in Overwatch). If it's in your favorite show, movie, anime, or game, skip the episodes or parts that contain it! If you can't just mute the TV!
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 01 - Although not an arch-nemesis for me, do you need to hear this sound every time you perform a Rev Roll in Pac-Man World 2 (although I love the game, it was one of my childhood favorites and one of the first three GameCube games I ever owned)? Heck, it even infected its sequel, Pac-Man World 3. It's already guilty of Most Annoying Sound because of it repeating every time. Did the sound editors watch the Hanna-Barbera Pac-Man cartoon before they even made the trilogy?
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - LONG ZIP BY/Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - SIREN WHISTLE - Still sounds similar to the original, but not exactly.
- Super Mario RPG or Bowser's Inside Story Zing Out Whistle - Both games had some of the best original sound effects.
Sound Effects I Like
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, LAUGHTER - HIGH PITCHED CRAZY LAUGHTER 01, Sound Ideas, CARTOON, LAUGHTER - HIGH PITCHED CRAZY LAUGHTER 02, Sound Ideas, CARTOON, LAUGHTER - FUNNY, ZANY LAUGHTER 01, and Sound Ideas, CARTOON, LAUGHTER - FUNNY, ZANY LAUGHTER 02 - This laugh gives me chortles when I listen to it, after hearing it in Undertale. I might want to use this in my games for Hearthcliffe's laugh. Fawful should try this laugh too.