The film's plot revolves around the assassination of billionaire Sir Robert King by the terrorist Renard, and Bond's subsequent assignment to protect King's daughter Elektra, who had previously been held for ransom by Renard. During his assignment, Bond unravels a scheme to increase petroleum prices by triggering a nuclear meltdown in the waters of Istanbul.
Filming locations included Spain, France, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and the UK, with interiors shot at Pinewood Studios. Despite receiving mixed reviews, with the plot and Denise Richards' casting being frequently targeted for criticism, The World Is Not Enough earned $361,832,400 worldwide. It was also the first Eon-produced Bond film to be officially released under the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer label instead of United Artists, the original owner and distributor of the film franchise.
Bond (Pierce Brosnan) must race to defuse an international power struggle with the world's oil supply hanging in the balance. Elektra King (Sophie Marceau), is the daughter of a murdered oil tycoon whom Bond is assigned to protect. The villain is Renard (Robert Carlyle), who has a bullet lodged in his brain rendering him unable to feel pain. Also featuring nuclear weapons expert Dr. Christmas Jones (Denise Richards).
Sound Effects Used
- Explosion Sound
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Train Car Mix PE111601
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Large Shar PE097801
- Sound Ideas, GUN, RICOCHET - RICOCHET: SINGLE SHOT, BULLET 01
- Sound Ideas, GUN, RICOCHET - RICOCHET: SINGLE SHOT, BULLET 02
- Sound Ideas, GUN, RICOCHET - RICOCHET: SINGLE SHOT, BULLET 03
- Sound Ideas, INDUSTRY, HYDRAULIC - ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC MACHINE: UP FULL, FACTORY/Sound Ideas, INDUSTRY, HYDRAULIC - ELECTRIC HYDRAULIC MACHINE BEING RAISED
- Sound Ideas, ROBOT, MOTOR - ROBOT SERVO MOTOR 03
- Sound Ideas, SPACE, GUN SHOTS - LASER GUN SHOT, LARGE, GALACTIC
- Sound Ideas, SPACE, WHOOSH - FAST WHOOSH BY, SCI FI 09
- WB FALL, BODY - BODYFALL WITH GRUNT 02
- WB GUN, SHOT - RIFLE SHOT