The Wind in the Willows is a TV series that was originally broadcast between 1984 and 1987, based on characters from Kenneth Grahame's classic story The Wind in the Willows and following the 1983 film The Wind in the Willows. It was made by animation company Cosgrove Hall for Thames Television and shown on the ITV network.
The series is set at "The Riverbank", a mythical location somewhere in Berkshire. The Riverbank is where Ratty, Mole and Toad live. Nearby is the Wild Wood, where Badger and the Wily Weasels live. Each episode has a unique story line, although there are some common themes running throughout the series.
In series 4, the humans start building a new railway that is planned to be built through the area where the animals live. The show teaches children about the destruction of forests and animals' natural habits. The railway gets closer and closer to the animals' homes, yet in the episode Happy New Year it turns out that the railway would be travelling under unsuitable land, and therefore the route is diverted from the Riverbank & Wild Wood areas.
TV Show Intro
Sound Effects Used
- Sound Ideas, Auto, Crash - Crashes And Rolls Down Embankment (Heard once in "Mercury of the Motorbicycle.")
- Sound Ideas, CRASH, AUTO - AUTO APPROACH, SKID AND CRASH, CARTOON (Heard once in "Mercury of the Motorbicycle.")
- Sound Ideas, CRASH, WOOD - LARGE WOOD CRUNCH 01
- Sound Ideas, CRASH, WOOD - LARGE WOOD CRUNCH 02
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY - ARC ZAPS
- Sound Ideas, WEATHER - THUNDER CRASH 02