In 1944, a German colonel loads a train with French art treasures to send to Germany. The Resistance must stop it without damaging the cargo.
With the Allies poised to retake Paris from the Germans, Col. Franz Von Waldheim (Paul Scofield) conspires to sneak out by train all of the art masterpieces looted by the German army. But museum curator Mademoiselle Villard (Suzanne Flon) alerts the French Resistance, and soon railway inspector Paul Labiche (Burt Lancaster) is pressed into service. He reroutes the train, and cleverly deceives Von Waldheim by renaming each train station along the way.
Sound Effects Used
- Classic Shotgun Fire Sound (used as an explosion)
- Hollywoodedge, Metal Creaks Machine FS015801 (Debut)
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - SLICK RICCO 01
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - SLICK RICCO 02
- STEAM LOCOMOTIVE BRAKES SCREAMING