The Spy Who Loved Me is a 1977 spy film, the tenth in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions. It is the third to star Roger Moore as the fictional secret agent James Bond. The film co-stars Barbara Bach and Curd Jürgens and was directed by Lewis Gilbert, from a screenplay by Christopher Wood and Richard Maibaum.
The film takes its title from Ian Fleming's 1962 novel The Spy Who Loved Me, the tenth book in the James Bond series, though it does not contain any elements of the novel's plot. The storyline involves a reclusive megalomaniac named Karl Stromberg, who plans to destroy the world and create a new civilisation under the sea. Bond teams up with a Russian agent, Anya Amasova, to stop the plans, all while being hunted by Stromberg’s powerful henchman, Jaws.
It was shot on location in Egypt (Cairo and Luxor) and Italy (Costa Smeralda, Sardinia), with underwater scenes filmed at the Bahamas (Nassau), and a new soundstage built at Pinewood Studios for a massive set which depicted the interior of a supertanker. The Spy Who Loved Me was well received by critics, who saw the film as a return to form for the franchise and praised Moore's performance. The soundtrack composed by Marvin Hamlisch also met with success. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards amid many other nominations and novelised in 1977 by Christopher Wood as James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Sound Effects Used
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 1
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 2/SoundDogs, Explosions Fires - Explosion; Big Cannon Shot Explodes-Distortes. Nsg
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 3
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 16
- Looney Tunes Explosion Sound 2
- R-B EXPLOSION - CANNON FIRING
- SoundDogs, Explosions Fires - Explosion; Big Cannon Shot Explodes-Distortes. Nsg
- Sound Ideas, GUN, MACHINE GUN - 30 CAL.: MEDIUM BURST
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 06
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 07