The Running Man is a 1987 American dystopian action film directed by Paul Michael Glaser and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, María Conchita Alonso, Richard Dawson, Yaphet Kotto, and Jesse Ventura. It is very loosely based on the 1982 novel of the same title written by Stephen King and published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The film's story, set in a dystopian United States between 2017 and 2019, is about a television show called The Running Man, where convicted criminal "runners" must escape death at the hands of professional killers. The Running Man was a moderate box office success in the United States, grossing $38 million on its $27 million budget, but opened to mixed reviews from critics.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Large Shar PE097901 (Debut)
- Hollywoodedge, Glass Crash Sustaine PE112901 (Debut)
- Hollywoodedge, Reverse Ricochet 3 St PE207701
- Sound Ideas, GUN, HAND GUN - .44 MAGNUM: SINGLE SHOT 01
- Sound Ideas, SQUEAK, METAL - TURNING (4th squeak is heard during a gunfight at a prison.)