The New Archie and Sabrina Hour (advertised as The Archie-Sabrina Show) is the seventh and final animated series featuring Archie Comics characters under the Filmation banner. The series premiered on NBC in September, rebroadcasting segments from The Archie Show, as well as brand-new segments featuring Sabrina The Teenage Witch. The show's format featured three segments per episode: a 15-minute one, a 30-minute one, and another 15-minute one—with the segments separated by songs (two songs per episode) and the first segment invariably featuring and emphasizing Sabrina.
Low ratings caused the hour long format to be shelved by October. The show was retooled, then divided into separate 30-minute shows: The Bang-Shang Lollapalooza Show featured Archie's Gang solving mysteries around Riverdale (each 30-minute segment), while Super Witch featured Sabrina solving mysteries using her powers (each pair of 15-minute segments); each show featured one song per episode. The low ratings continued, however, and all three shows were gone by the spring of 1978—thus ending the Archie Comics/Filmation partnership.
The new segments from this show are listed by Entertainment Rights as The Archie and Sabrina Surprise Package.
Sound Effects Used
- H-B FALL, CARTOON - HOYT'S LONG FALL 01
- H-B SPIN, CARTOON - WACKY SPIN WITH DRUM
- H-B ZIP, CARTOON - QUICK WHISTLE STREAK ZIP IN
- LOONEY TUNES BIG WIND SOUND
- Sound Ideas, RUN, CARTOON - WIND WHISTLE SCAT
- Sound Ideas, SWISH, CARTOON - FAST TWIRLING SWISH, LONG
- Sound Ideas, TWANG, CARTOON - HOYT'S BOW TWANG