The Day After Tomorrow is a 2004 American science fiction disaster film co-written, directed, and produced by Roland Emmerich and starring Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ian Holm, Emmy Rossum, and Sela Ward. It is based on the book The Coming Global Superstorm by Art Bell and Whitley Strieber. The film depicts catastrophic climatic effects following the disruption of the North Atlantic Ocean circulation in a series of extreme weather events that usher in global cooling and lead to a new ice age.
Originally slated for release in the summer of 2003, The Day After Tomorrow premiered in Mexico City on May 17, 2004, and was released in the United States on May 28, 2004. A major commercial success, the film became the sixth highest-grossing film of 2004. Filmed in Toronto and Montreal, it is the highest-grossing Hollywood film made in Canada (adjusted for inflation). It received mixed reviews upon release, with critics highly praising the film's special effects but criticizing its writing and numerous scientific inaccuracies.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Girl Screams Long Hi CRT028201
- Hollywoodedge, Gusts Heavy Cold Wind PE031601
- Hollywoodedge, Large Explosion With Lon PE280201
- Hollywoodedge, Lightning 08 CloseG SIG012601
- Hollywoodedge, Many Car Horns Honk Cl CT052601/Hollywoodedge, Traffic Jam Group Car TE047301/Hollywoodedge, Traffic Jam Many CarH PE077601
- Hollywoodedge, Screams 2 Woman Singl PE133601
- Sound Ideas, SCREAM, CROWD - MEDIUM STUDIO AUDIENCE: PANIC SCREAMING 06