Superman IV: The Quest for Peace is a 1987 superhero film directed by Sidney J. Furie, based on the DC Comics character Superman. It is the fifth installment in the original Superman film series and the first film not to be produced by Alexander and Ilya Salkind, but rather by Golan-Globus' Cannon Films, in association with Warner Bros. Gene Hackman returned as Lex Luthor, who creates an evil solar-powered version of Superman called Nuclear Man.
The film was both a critical failure and a commercial disappointment, with many reviewers citing poor special effects, inconsistencies, and plot holes. Superman IV has often been named one of the worst films ever made. Another Superman film was not released until Superman Returns in 2006.
- Superman (1978)
- Superman II (1980)
- Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (2006)
- Superman III (1983)
- Supergirl (1984)
- Superman Returns (2006)
Sound Effects Used
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 1
- CINESOUND - EXPLOSION TYPE 2
- SoundDogs, Explosions Fires - Explosion; Big Cannon Shot Explodes-Distortes. Nsg
- Sound Ideas, SIREN - SYNTHETIC: WARBLE, AMBULANCE, FIRE, POLICE, ALARM