Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force is a game for Nintendo's Game Boy Advance that follows Luke Skywalker through the Star Wars classic trilogy. It has advanced graphics by the standards of the Game Boy Advance, using 3-D images for the character models. A player who beats the game is given the option of replaying most of the ship and boss levels. It was released September 21, 2004, the same day that the 2004 DVD box sets were released, and was developed and published by Ubisoft.
The gameplay has been compared to the Game Boy Advance version of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in that the same side-scrolling engine is used, and that the player can slow down time temporarily.
Based on the events of Episode IV-VI, players take control of Luke's journey to become a Jedi as he rescues Princess Leia, trains with Yoda on Dagobah, and faces Darth Vader for the final showdown.
The game is presented in a side-scrolling format, visiting all of the planets from the series, as well as engaging in a run against the Death Star and a speeder bike chase through the forest of Endor. As Luke progresses, he goes from a simple farmboy to a full-fledged Jedi Knight, learning new Force techniques until he is ready to face Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine aboard the second Death Star.
Also included in the game is a multi-player mode where friends can link up against each other to engage in dogfights and mini-games with ships from the Trilogy.
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Sound Effects Used
- SKYWALKER, BULLET - OMNIDROID LASER GUN, SCREAM-LIKE
- SKYWALKER, HORROR - SAURON'S EYE, FIRE, CHOIR-LIKE
- SKYWALKER, HUMAN - HAN SOLO'S YELL, MALE
- SKYWALKER LIGHTSABER SOUND
- SKYWALKER, WHOOSH - REDWING PASS BY
- SKYWALKER, WHOOSH - SYNTHESIZED JET FLY BY
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRONIC - MAGICAL SWISH 03