Star Wars: X-Wing is a space simulation video game, the first of the X-Wing combat flight simulation games series. The player's character flies starfighters, including the eponymous X-wing, for the Rebel Alliance as part of a narrative that precedes and parallels the events of the original Star Wars film.
Designed by Lawrence Holland and Edward Kilham's Totally Games for LucasArts, X-Wing was one of the first games to use 3D polygon graphics for spaceships and the first non-adventure game to use the iMUSE music system. The game was updated and re-released several times, and was followed by three sequels. X-Wing was a best-seller and received critical acclaim.
The Audio Post-Production Services were provided by Skywalker Sound; with Ben Burtt as the original sound designer, uncredited. Clint Bajakian and Robin Goldstein are the Sound Effects Editors, since it's possible that they did the sound at LucasArts.
Be a Rebel pilot during the Galactic Civil War. Fly the most famous Star Wars starfighters in furious battles against Imperial pilots.
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Shatter PE110301
- Hollywoodedge, Elevator Servo Motor PE202201
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Large Shar PE097801/901
- Hollywoodedge, Screams 5 Man InsaneT PE134601
- SKYWALKER, BULLET - OMNIDROID LASER GUN, SCREAM-LIKE
- SKYWALKER, ELECTRICITY - PULSE SHRIEK 02
- SKYWALKER, MOTOR - DUM-E STEADY
- SKYWALKER, SCI-FI - ROBOT PROBE'S EYE SENSOR
- SKYWALKER, SCI-FI GUN - TIE FIGHTER GUN
- SKYWALKER, SCI-FI GUN - X-WING FIGHTER GUN
- SKYWALKER, SPACECRAFT - TIE FIGHTER ROAR BY 01
- SKYWALKER, WHOOSH - SCREAM-LIKE PASS BY
- SKYWALKER, WHOOSH - SINGLE WHOOSH
- Sound Ideas, EXPLOSION - SMALL BLAST 02 (Universal Studios)
- Sound Ideas, ROCKS, EARTHQUAKE - RUMBLE, CREAKS, CRASHES, TUMBLING, AVALANCHE