SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D (also known as SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D Ride, SpongeBob SquarePants: The Ride or SpongeBob SquarePants 3-D) is a cel-shaded 4-D film simulator ride based upon the animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants. It can be found at many aquariums and theme parks across the world. The ride consists of a pre-show which then leads into a stadium seated auditorium. The ride is in 4-D, meaning it is a motion simulator with a 3D movie. The effects on the ride vary at different parks. Water spray, bubbles, wind, leg ticklers, smoke, and smells are usually found.
The ride once appeared at Camp Snoopy in Mall of America as a film rotation of The Mystery Mine Ride. Instead of being in 4-D with special effects, the ride was in 3-D, and the seats would move (causing a very realistic fall during the Rock Bottom sequence). In fall 2007, the Mystery Mine Ride, which once housed SpongeBob SquarePants: The Ride, was demolished to make way for SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge roller coaster, part of the park's transformation into Nickelodeon Universe. In 2008, SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D came to Nickelodeon Family Suites. On April 19, 2013, Nickelodeon Family Suites premiered a sequel called SpongeBob SquarePants 4D: The Great Jelly Rescue.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Old Fire Bellgong Ri CRT014602 (Used once slightly sped-up when Spongebob screams "ROCK BOTTOM?!")
- Hollywoodedge, Screams 2 Man Yell Scre PE134301
- Hollywoodedge, Screams 5 Man InsaneT PE134601
- Sound Ideas, BITE, CARTOON - BIG CHOMP
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - HOYT'S BOING (Heard once in the Pre-Show only.)
- Sound Ideas, BOINK, CARTOON - BOINK 01
- Sound Ideas, BOINK, CARTOON - HOYT'S BOINK
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, HORN - SHORT, SHARP HORN TOOT, HIGH
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, SQUEAK - SEVERAL RUBBER SQUEAKS, STRETCH
- Sound Ideas, RUN, CARTOON - BLOP GALLOP, LONG
- Sound Ideas, SKID, CARTOON - BROKEN SKID
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - QUICK WHISTLE ZIP OUT