This sound effect can be found on Lucasfilm Sound Effects Library, which was made by Sound Ideas. It is a Skywalker Sound sound effect that was probably recorded by Ben Burtt and/or Randy Thom for Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. It starts off/is mixed with SKYWALKER, ELECTRICITY - THE FORCE WHINE, which also debuted in the same film.
- SKYWALKER, WIND - REACTOR SHAFT EXPLOSION, WIND, WEATHER (Included in a fairly low volume.)
- Fight Club (1999)
- Frequency (2000) (Only select portions are used)
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (Heard once in normal--and in reverse, not to be confused with FAMOUS STUDIOS CARTOON FALL SOUND--as the Ark begins to suck up everything.)
- The Iron Giant (1999)
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) (Heard twice at a fairly low volume after Grievous breaks a window and as he enters into an escape pod.)
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (debut)
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) (Only the first half of the sound is heard.)
- THX: Grand (1993-1997, 2002) (Only the first half of the sound is heard.)
- Akazukin Chacha
- Macross: Do You Remember Love? (1984) (low volume)
- Project A-ko: Uncivil Wars (1990) (Heard twice, but processed.)
- Red Baron
- Slayers Revolution (very high-pitched)
- Zombieland Saga?