Due to HiHiPuffyAmiYumiFanAlternate complaining about SFX he hates, and trying to kill off this site, You are NOT permitted to join this Wikia ever again.
- WikiExpertXV and General Maho
Due to Emily Flatley making many sockpuppets to add false information, I must put this here: You are NOT permitted to join this Wikia. Should this continue any further, I will get someone to globally block you from Wikia.
Due to Kristopher Taylor (and Pat Gamz) also making many sockpuppets to disobey the rules (and Pat adding false information), I had to put this there that: You both are NOT welcome on this Wikia ever. All of your sockpuppets have already been blocked. Please never come back here again.
Due to Andy also making many sockpuppet accounts to disobey the rules and add false information. I must put this: You are NOT welcome on this Wikia ever in your life. Many of your sockpuppets accounts have already been blocked globally from Wikia. Please do not come back here again.
Due to Jacob Mills creating over 5 sockpuppets to disobey the rules, I must put this: You are NOT permitted to join this Wikia. You have already been blocked from Wikia globally. Please do not come back here again
- DCAsia UK
Due to Bobby King making many sockpuppets to disobey the rules, I must put this: You are NOT welcome on this Wikia ever in your life. Many of your sockpuppets accounts have already been blocked globally from Wikia. Please do not come back here again.
- General Maho
Due to Draven Fuldauer having pressure on editing and adding false information, I must put this: You are NOT welcome on this Wikia ever again.
- RubbadubbersYes JohnnyTestNo POE AUTTP
Hello and welcome to the Sound Effects Wiki! This is the place to look up and discover all the sound effects and sound effect libraries used in movies, TV shows, commercials, and video games.
If you're having trouble on finding a certain sound effect in a scene you are posting in the Image Galleries, either write in the description "What ___ sound is this?" or make a blog of it, and admins will help you.
Rules if you intend on contributing information
- First off, in response to events that occurred on this Wiki in the past, you are now required to log in and must be over the age of 13 before adding anything. Registering for a Wikia account is not hard!
- Do not put in fake or irrelevant information on this site please. In particular, you are not to add information to any upcoming films or video games until they are actually released - this website is not a crystal ball, we cannot predict whether or not upcoming media will use certain sound effects. And don't add any Aired On categories to films that were not released yet.
- Don't rename pages that don't need to be renamed, especially sound effect pages.
- When adding a new page, don't forget to add categories to it. See instructions on how to add categories to pages here.
- Please do not add categories to pages that already exist. The obvious exception to this is if you need to add a piece of media whose category is not listed on the page. Also, franchise categories are not allowed on sound effects pages, as well as sound effect categories in media pages.
- Anything that's not an actual sound effect (lines, quotes, voice actors or actresses, etc.) cannot be added. Only sound effects are allowed on this Wiki. (Stock screams, cries and laughs do count as sound effects.)
- Don't add shots of fake titles in official media pages.
- Porn and hentai anime are not allowed on this Wiki.
- Studio logo jingles and fanfares are not SFX thus also not allowed on this Wiki.
- Remember to add information, links, categories and images (in the Image Galleries) to BOTH the sound effects and media pages. Don't forget to add descriptions to the images, as well as putting the images in the SFX Image Galleries (not the media Image Galleries) in alphabetical order. (This will prevent admins from having to do them themselves.) Only upload images to the sound effects pages if they don't have media pages and make sure you add them into the Image Gallery correctly. See instructions on how to add an image to the Image Galleries correctly here.
- Don't add in links to pages on the Link your photo (optional) selection on the images in the Image Galleries. Images are used to click on to see the full size, not as a link to another page.
- Please do not add comments to pages that just say where you heard the corresponding sound effects in. Instead, feel free to add the information to the pages themselves; you could probably do that in half the time it takes to type up a comment. These comments will be deleted on sight.
- When adding an ogg audio file to the sound effects page, add it to the correct page.
- You can either upload still images (jpg or png) or moving GIF images. And you can update the still images with GIF images if you want. Use GIPHY to make GIFs from YouTube or Vimeo videos. Use Gfycat for to make GIFs from Dailymotion videos.
- You can either add an ogg sound effect file here on the Audio Samples in the sound effect pages, and/or link to the sound effect found on either www.audiomicro.com or www.sourceaudio.com.
- Don't remove the ogg files from the Audio Samples, if you hate that sound, don't click on it.
- In response to a huge number of complaints about SFX recently, please don't complain about a SFX you hate so much and/or add it in an opinionated category (e.g. "Sound Effects from Hell" and "Annoying Sound Effects"), if you hate it, then forget about it.
Some basic common-sense rules:
- No harassing
- No spamming
- No complaining
- No trolling
- No vandalism
- No sockpuppeting/block-evading (i.e. creating an alternate account) while your account(s) is blocked
Failure to comply to the above will result in a block (as listed below) and from then on the vandalized articles will be protected.
- Not adding categories - Ranging from 1 week to 1 month.
- Breaking Image Gallery rules or adding images incorrectly to a gallery - Ranging from 1 week, 1 month to 1 year.
- Adding false information on pages - Ranging from 3 weeks to indefinitely.
- Adding information to comments - Ranging from 2 months to 1 year.
- Continuing your complaints about SFX you hate. - Ranging from 6 months to 1 year.
- Not having a visible avatar - Ranging from 3 months to 1 year.
- Disobeying all of the rules - Blocked indefinitely.
- Sockpuppetting/block-evading/creating an alternate account while your account(s) is blocked - Same block period from your other account but more time from your block-evading added.
ENJOY! And remember, a quote from George Orwell's 1984: "Big Brother is watching you", and that would be the admins of this wiki. :D