Sonic Colors (known as Sonic Colours in the PAL region) is a 2010 platform game published by Sega. It follows Sonic's quest to stop his nemesis Doctor Eggman from enslaving an alien race and taking over the world. The gameplay is similar to prior Sonic games, with players collecting rings and defeating enemies; the camera perspective often switches from third-person to side-scrolling perspectives. The game also introduces Wisps, power-ups the player can use to increase attack power and reach new areas.
Development of Sonic Colors began in 2008, following the completion of Sonic Unleashed. Examining criticisms of past games, the developers made Sonic the only playable character and worked to balance speed and platforming; the Wisps were introduced to diversify the gameplay without slowing it down. Two versions of the game were developed: one for the Wii by Sonic Team, and one for the Nintendo DS by Dimps. The game was designed for a wider demographic than previous games, specifically children and fans of the Super Mario series. In anticipation of the game's release, Sega delisted several Sonic games with sub-average Metacritic scores to increase the value of the brand.
Sonic Colors received positive reviews. Critics praised its graphics, audio, soundtrack, gameplay and replay value, with many considering it a return to form for the series. However, some criticized its difficulty and multiplayer mode. It was a commercial success, selling over two million copies. The Wisp power-ups introduced in Sonic Colors became a staple of the Sonic series.
A remastered edition of the Wii version, Sonic Colors: Ultimate, was released on September 7, 2021 for Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One as part of the Sonic series' 30th anniversary.
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion 3 Medium Si PE097701
- Hollywoodedge, Laugh Lowpitched Fat PE131201
- Hollywoodedge, Large Ceramic Pot Bre TE023001/Hollywoodedge, Pottery Drop Break PE112401
- Hollywoodedge, Warning Buzzer Space PE194501 (sped up, when the 3rd and 6th boss goes berserk)
- Sonic Ring
- Sonic Ring Loss
- Sound Ideas, ANIMAL, SCREAM - T-REX: SCREAM, DINOSAUR 01 (Used for the Nega-Wisp Armor Boss when Sonic uses his Boost to charge at Eggman.)
- Sound Ideas, EXPLOSION - LARGE EXPLOSION 03 (Series 6000)
- Sound Ideas, FIRE, BALL - IMPACT AND LARGE FIRE BURST, RUMBLE
- The Hollywoodedge, Laugh Lowpitched Fat PE131201 as heard in the game.
- The sped up Hollywoodedge, Warning Buzzer Space PE194501 as heard in the game.
- The Sound Ideas, ANIMAL, SCREAM - T-REX: SCREAM, DINOSAUR 01 and other unknown T-Rex roars from the Nega-Wisp Armor as heard in the game.
- The Sound Ideas, EXPLOSION - LARGE EXPLOSION 03 (Series 6000) as heard in the game.
- The Sound Ideas, FIRE, BALL - IMPACT AND LARGE FIRE BURST, RUMBLE as heard in the game.