Shizuo Kurahashi (倉橋静男) is a sound effects editor/designer who is the founder and CEO of Sound Box.
Kurahashi worked as an editor at the Nikkatsu filming studio. After that, he started his sound career in Toyo Sound.
In 1988, Kurahashi established his own company Sound Box. Since 1983, when the Dolby Stereo system got popular in Japan, he has been creating sound effects. He edited and arranged sounds for over 1000 works.
Sound Effects Libraries he uses:
Legend: BOLD indicates main library usage
- Animal Trax
- Background Trax
- Cartoon Express Sound Effects Library
- Cartoon Trax Volume 1
- Cartoon Trax Volume 2
- Foley Sound Library
- The General HD Sound Effects Collection
- The General Series 6000 Sound Effects Library + Extension I
- Hanna-Barbera Sound Effects Library
- HollywoodEdge (Europe Edition)
- Lon Bender's Wacky World of Robots, Widgets, and Gizmos
- The Premiere Edition Volume 1
- The Premiere Edition Volume 2
- The Premiere Edition Volume 9
- Series 1000 Sound Effects Library (Used rarely.)
- Series 2000 Sound Effects Library
- Series 4000 Hollywood Sound Effects Library
- Turner Entertainment Co. Sound Effects Library
- Warner Bros. Sound Effects Library