"SKYWALKER LASER BLAST SOUND" is a Star Wars/Skywalker Sound sound effect used exclusively in Star Wars/Skywalker Sound projects. It's Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO, 03 in a -12 pitch, combined with a descending, droning humming sound and sometimes starts with SKYWALKER, SCI-FI GUN - X-WING FIGHTER GUN.
It debuted in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) to help accent Jabba's ship exploding and spacecraft going to lightspeed.
It's usually heard in a particular Skywalker Sound sound effects cluster, SKYWALKER, EXPLOSION - MASSIVE INFERNO ROARING, in Skywalker Sound projects only; the sfx cluster's pitch can vary.
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (Heard twice at low volume in "Subterranean Sonic")
- Star Wars: Clone Wars (Heard for SFX clusters for explosions and hyperdrive.)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Heard for SFX clusters for explosions and hyperdrive.)
- Star Wars: Rebels (Heard in "Secret Cargo" for a TIE inceptor exploding.)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (Heard once in "Demons of Deception" to accent an explosion)
- What a Cartoon! (Heard once in "PFISH AND CHIP IN: 'SHORT PHUSE'")
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (Heard closer to the end as a TIE Fighter explodes.)
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) (Heard once in the beginning in 1997, 2004 & 2011 prints only)
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (Heard once in later prints only?)
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) (Part of an SFX cluster; used for explosions and beaming into hyperspace.)
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) (Used for some explosion SFX clusters)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) (Heard for explosion SFX clusters and lightspeed)
- Tango & Cash (1989)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2002) (Video Game) (Used in SFX clusters for hyperspace and fire/explosions)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4