This is a Skywalker Sound sound effect created by Ben Burtt. It debuted in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope in 1977. According to Burtt, the sound is actually that of walnuts being crushed.
- A Christmas Carol (2009)
- Galaxy Quest (1999)
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (Heard when Dietrich’s head deflates.)
- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) (debut) (Heard during the line "...Where are the ambassadors?".)
- Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) (Heard once in a normal and high pitch as Han is released from carbon.)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)
- Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp (very high pitched)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.