Resident Evil 4 is a third-person shooter horror game developed by Capcom Production Studio 4 and published by Capcom. The sixth major installment in the Resident Evil series, it was originally released for the GameCube in 2005. Players control U.S. government special agent Leon S. Kennedy, who is sent on a mission to rescue the U.S. president's daughter Ashley Graham, who has been kidnapped by a cult. In a rural part of Europe, Leon fights hordes of villagers infected by a mind-controlling parasite, and reunites with the spy Ada Wong.
Development began for PlayStation 2 in 1999. Four proposed versions were discarded; the first attempt was directed by Hideki Kamiya after producer Shinji Mikami. In a departure from the fixed camera angles and slower survival horror gameplay of previous instalments, the team focused on developing more dynamic shooting action.
Resident Evil 4 was announced as a GameCube exclusive as part of the Capcom Five, but was ported to numerous formats, becoming a cross-platform hit, selling over 10 million copies across all platforms. It garnered acclaim for its narrative, gameplay, voice acting, and characters, and is often named one of the best video games of all time, winning multiple Game of the Year awards in 2005. It influenced the evolution of the survival horror and third-person genres, popularizing the "over-the-shoulder" third-person view. A sequel, Resident Evil 5, was released in 2009.
January 11, 2005
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, 357 Magnum Pistol Sho PE092801
- Hollywoodedge, Bullet Impacts Metal FS013302
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Shatter PE110201
- Hollywoodedge, Head Bonk Wbell Drum CRT031901
- Hollywoodedge, Sword Or Bayonet Juic PE102301
- Hollywoodedge, Sword Or Bayonet Juic PE102401
- Hollywoodedge, Sword Shing Long Clan PE245201
- Sound Ideas, HIT, METAL - ANVIL DROP ON FOOT, CARTOON
- Sound Ideas, HIT, METAL - ANVIL FALL ON HEAD, CARTOON 01
- Sound Ideas, HIT, METAL - HEAVY CLANK
- Sound Ideas, TOMBSTONE - STONE DRAGGING ON STONE, GRIND 01
- Sound Ideas, TOMBSTONE - STONE DRAGGING ON STONE, GRIND 07
- Sound Ideas, TOMBSTONE - STONE DRAGGING ON STONE, GRIND 11
- Sound Ideas, TOMBSTONE - STONE DRAGGING ON STONE, GRIND 14