Pikmin 3 is a real-time strategy and puzzle game developed and published by Nintendo for the Wii U video game console. It is the sequel to the GameCube games Pikmin and Pikmin 2 and was released in Japan on July 13, 2013 and in all other regions within the following month. Shigeru Miyamoto announced Pikmin 3 on July 16, 2008 for the Wii console, later stating at E3 2011 that it had transitioned to Wii U.
It builds upon the Pikmin series with more player characters, more Pikmin types, Off-TV Play, and downloadable content. In the single-player campaign, the player controls three alien captains, who explore the surface of a planet they name PNF-404 in search of cultivable fruit seeds to save their home planet, Koppai, from famine. They befriend the Pikmin who assist them in combat, solving puzzles, and in amassing resources.
Pikmin 3 received generally positive reviews from critics with praise for the gameplay, graphics and level design. An enhanced port for Nintendo Switch, titled Pikmin 3 Deluxe, was released on October 30, 2020. A standalone sequel for the 3DS, Hey! Pikmin, was released in July 2017.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Small Swishes Light FS048101/Sound Ideas, SWISH - ARM OR WEAPON SWING THROUGH AIR, SWOOSH 03
- Horror Increasing Violin Suspense
- Sound Ideas, BELL, FIGHT - BOXING RING FIGHT BELL: SINGLE RING, SPORTS (cut short)
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, CHICKEN - LOUD SINGLE SQUAWK (After defeating the Burrowing Snagret)
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, POP - BIG CORK POP
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, SQUEAK - SEVERAL RUBBER SQUEAKS, STRETCH
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - REFEREE'S WHISTLE, SINGLE
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, ZIP - HIGH 01
- Sound Ideas, CASH REGISTER - ELECTRIC: TOTAL KEY WITH BELL (cut short)
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY, SPARK - HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK, ELECTRICAL 08
- Sound Ideas, HIT, METAL - BONK ON HEAD WITH METAL PIPE, CARTOON
- Sound Ideas, WEATHER, WIND - STRONG HOWLING WIND/WIND - SIBERIAN WIND, WEATHER