Pikmin (Japanese: ピクミン, Hepburn: Pikumin) is a 2001 real-time strategy and puzzle video game, developed and published by Nintendo for the GameCube. The game was created and produced by Shigeru Miyamoto, and is the first entry in the Pikmin series. The game's story focuses on an alien pilot, Captain Olimar, who crash lands on a mysterious planet and must make use of a native species called "Pikmin" to find his ships missing parts in order to escape within 30 days. Players take control of Olimar and in directing the different varieties of Pikmin to exploring the game's various levels, overcoming obstacles and hostile creatures, in order to find and recover the missing ship parts.
The game was both a critical and commercial success, spawning three more games in the series: Pikmin 2 (2004) for the GameCube, Pikmin 3 (2013) for the Wii U and Hey! Pikmin (2017) for the 3DS. In 2009 (or 2008 in Japan), Pikmin was re-released for the Wii as part of the New Play Control! series. In 2016 (or 2017 in Japan), the Wii version of Pikmin was re-released for the Wii U.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Single Frog Croak Cl CRT013001
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, CHICKEN - LOUD SINGLE SQUAWK (After defeating the Burrowing Snagret)
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, POP - BIG CORK POP
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, SQUEAK - SEVERAL RUBBER SQUEAKS, STRETCH
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHISTLE - REFEREE'S WHISTLE, SINGLE
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, ZIP - HIGH 01
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY, SPARK - HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK, ELECTRICAL 05