Peter and the Wolf is a 1995 live-action/animated television special based on the 1936 musical composition/fairy tale of the same name by Sergei Prokofiev, and directed by American conductor George Daugherty. It first aired Friday, December 8, 1995 on ABC in the United States. The music for this special was performed by the RCA Victor Symphony Orchestra conducted by Daugherty.
The main characters that appear in the animated sequences that intervene the live-action ones, are designed by cartoonist Chuck Jones, who also serves as the special's executive consultant.
Animated adaptation of Prokofiev's musical score. Peter awakens to the first day of spring and the beautiful morning turns into an amazing adventure as Peter and his friends - a bird, a cat and deliriously dizzy duck - outwit a mighty wolf. (sourced from IMDB's description)
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Catfssst Yowl Hiss CRT012603 (Heard thrice)
- Hollywoodedge, Cat Purring Steady CRT012601
- Hollywoodedge, Cat Purring WvocalM CRT012602
- Hollywoodedge, Funny Multi Swishes CRT054102 or Sound Ideas, SWISH, CARTOON - TWIRLING SWISH, LONG, MEDIUM, SHORT 01, and SHORT 02
- Hollywoodedge, Long Crash Tire Skid CRT055201
- Hollywoodedge, Quick Whistle Zip By CRT057506
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, DOG - FIGHT GROWLS AND BARKS; DOG YELPING AWAY AT END