Oliver Twist is a 1974 American animated film produced by Filmation that is loosely based on Charles Dickens's novel Oliver Twist. The film was distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
In the 19th century, orphan Oliver Twist is sent to a workhouse, where the children are barely fed and mistreated. He moves to the house of an undertaker, but after an unfair severe spanking, he starts a seven-day runaway to London. He arrives exhausted and starving, and is welcomed by a gang of pickpockets led by old crook Fagin. When he is mistakenly taken as a thief, wealthy victim Mr. Brownlow brings Oliver to his home and shelters him. But Fagin and the dangerous Bill Sykes decide to kidnap Oliver to burglarize Mr. Brownlow's fancy house. Oliver is wounded, while Mr. Brownlow tries to save Oliver.
Sound Effects Used
- Chuck Jones Wobbly Hit
- DISNEY CASTLE THUNDER
- H-B SPIN, CARTOON - WACKY SPIN WITH DRUM
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - BIG, LONG BOING
- Sound Ideas, CRASH, WOOD - LARGE WOOD CRUNCH 02
- Sound Ideas, SQUIRT, CARTOON - WATER SQUIRT 02
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - BIG THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 02
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 01 (H-B)
- Sound Ideas, WIND - WHISTLING HURRICANE WIND, WEATHER