Old Yeller is a 1957 American drama film produced by Walt Disney. It stars Tommy Kirk, Dorothy McGuire, Fess Parker, and Beverly Washburn. It is about a boy and a stray dog in post-Civil War Texas. The film is based upon the 1956 novel of the same name by Fred Gipson. Gipson also co-wrote the screenplay along with William Tunberg. The film's success led to a 1963 sequel, Savage Sam, which was based on a 1962 book by Gipson.
In 2019, the film was selected for preservation into the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". The film was available to stream on Disney+ when the service launched on November 12, 2019.
- Savage Sam (1963)
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Single Frog Croak Cl CRT013001
- Sound Ideas, DOG - GERMAN SHEPHERD: ANGRY GROWLS AND BARKS, ANIMAL (Heard when Old Yeller fought the mother bear to save Arliss.)
- Sound Ideas, DOG - LARGE DOG: SHARP BARKS, ANIMAL
- Sound Ideas, WOLF - ANGRY GROWLS, ANIMAL 02 (Used for Old Yeller when he had rabies after fighting the wolf.)
- Sound Ideas, WOLF - VICIOUS SNARLS, ANIMAL (Used for the rabid Old Yeller, after he gets rabies from the wolf.)