Muppets Studios Presents: You're the Director is an interactive VHS tape made for the View-Master Interactive Vision game system in 1988. The View-Master console adds different animations and sound effects to the film, which can be selected by pressing different colored buttons on the remote. The console also switches between two different audio tracks (affecting the story) and adds simple gameplay.
In the game, the player is hired to be the new director at Muppets' Studios. The Muppets try to throw together a movie that's part Ancient Roman epic, part science-fiction musical, and part Western. The player makes choices that affect the movie, trying to earn enough money to keep the Studios afloat.
In this interactive videocassette, viewers are invited to help the Muppets direct three of their latest features, while also preventing the studio from going bankrupt.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Cash Registers Drawe TE021802 (Heard when Muppet Studios is going to make it.)
- Sound Ideas, BOINK, CARTOON - DOINK 03
- Sound Ideas, BUBBLE, CARTOON - SKIP'S FLARTLES 02
- Sound Ideas, HIT, CARTOON - BILP
- Sound Ideas, HORN, FOG - LOW FOG HORN/Valentino Foghorn (Heard when the player chooses the director "Foghorn".)