Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is a 2011 American action spy film directed by Brad Bird and written by Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec. It is the fourth installment in the Mission: Impossible film series, and also Bird's first live-action film. It stars Tom Cruise, who reprises his role of IMF agent Ethan Hunt, alongside Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, Michael Nyqvist, Anil Kapoor and Léa Seydoux. Ghost Protocol was produced by Cruise, J. J. Abrams (the third film's director) and Bryan Burk. It saw the return of editor Paul Hirsch and visual effects supervisor John Knoll from the first film, and is also the first Mission: Impossible film to be partially filmed using IMAX cameras.
Released in the United States by Paramount Pictures on December 16, 2011, the film went on to become the highest-grossing film in the series, with $694 million, until it was surpassed by Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018). It is the fifth highest-grossing film of 2011 as well as the second highest-grossing film starring Cruise. It was followed by Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015), which was released in July 2015.
Sound Effects Used
- SKYWALKER, CAR - TRUCK TIRES SQUEALING (Heard once high-pitched.)
- SKYWALKER, METAL - SHORT, HEAVY METALLIC GROAN 02 (Heard once time-stretched as a car tips over off of a bridge.)
- Mission: Impossible (1996)
- Mission: Impossible II (2000)
- Mission: Impossible III (2006)
- Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018)