Metro (Метро) is a 2013 Russian disaster film, that was directed by Russian film director and screenwriter, Anton Megerdichev, and written by Viktoriya Evseeva, and Denis Kuryshev. It is based on the 2005 novel of the same name by Russian author, Dmitry Safonov. The film was released on February 21st, 2013, and received mostly positive reviews from critics. However, it also received negative reviews, due to the discrepancy between the plot of the film, and the real underground and its services. The movie grossed $12 million in the domestic market, and $15 million worldwide, against it's $9 million budget. Thus, making the film an average commercial success.
The construction of new buildings in the center of Moscow, leads to a crack in one of the subway tunnels. No one could have imagined that as a result of the violation of the tightness of the ceiling, water from the Moscow River would pour into the tunnel, and hundreds of passengers would be in the grip of an impending flood. A furious stream of water threatens not only the collapse of the subway tunnels, but also the destruction of the entire city. City hospital doctor, Andrey Garin, and his daughter, Ksyusha, are among other people in trouble. Garin is fighting a disaster, trying to save passengers. Andrey will have to overcome resentment, anger and fear. He must survive in order to regain his love, his family, and his former happy life.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Car Hits Drags AHot Do PE112201 (A small portion is heard once in a low volume, when Train #42 crashes.) (?)
- Hollywoodedge, Metal Creaks Machine FS015801 (Slightly edited; heard once when Train #17's brakes are applied.)
- Hollywoodedge, Metal Creaks Machine FS015802 (1st half/portion only; heard once when Train #42's brakes are applied before it derails.)
- Hollywoodedge, Stinger Train BellB SDT015201 (Mostly heard when the trains pass by at high speeds.)
- SKYWALKER, FIRE - FLAMES QUICK ROAR BY WITH WHISTLE
- SKYWALKER, TRAIN - SQUEALING PASS BY
- SoundDogs, Train: Trains - Freight Cars Coupling Impact - MCU - Bg Engine Noise, Also Rattles, Clunks, Squeaks, & Creaks, All Coupling Related, Several Ambiance Changes (2nd impact only, slightly lower volume; heard once when Train #17 stops.)
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY, SPARK - HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK, ELECTRICAL 03
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY, SPARK - HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK, ELECTRICAL 12 (?)
- Sound Ideas, SQUEAK, METAL - SLIDING SLOWLY (2nd squeak only; heard once in a low volume.)
- Sound Ideas, WATER, SPLASH - ROCK THROWN IN WATER, BIG SPLASH, DIGIFFECTS (Heard once in a very low volume.)