Kill Bill: Volume 1 is a 2003 American martial arts film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. It stars Uma Thurman as the Bride, who swears revenge on a team of assassins (Lucy Liu, Michael Madsen, Daryl Hannah, and Vivica A. Fox) and their leader, Bill (David Carradine), after they try to kill her and her unborn child. Her journey takes her to Tokyo, where she battles the yakuza.
Tarantino conceived Kill Bill as a homage to grindhouse cinema, including martial arts films, samurai cinema, blaxploitation, and spaghetti Westerns. It features an anime sequence by Production I.G. It is the first of two Kill Bill films made in a single production; they were planned as a single release, but the film, with a runtime of over four hours, was divided in two. Volume 2 was released the following year. Volume 1 grossed over $180 million on a $30 million budget.
After awakening from a four-year coma, a former assassin wreaks vengeance on the team of assassins who betrayed her.
- Kill Bill: Volume 2 (2004)
Sound Effects Used
- Ben Burtt Punching Sounds
- BRUM'S HORN
- Disney - WEEBO GASPING
- Hollywoodedge, Body Falls Wooden Flo PE107401
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Large Shar PE097801 (Used as a gunshot)
- Hollywoodedge, Glass Breaks Light Ce FS024701
- Hollywoodedge, Glass Crash Sustaine PE112901
- Hollywoodedge, Large Shatter Window PE283602
- Hollywoodedge, Shings High PitchedM PE286701
- Hollywoodedge, Swish Small Glass Cra PE112801
- Hollywoodedge, Sword Or Bayonet Juic PE101701
- Hollywoodedge, Wood Break Or Shatter PE113401
- Kirby Inhale Sound
- Quentin Tarantino Swoosh Sound
- Wilhelm Scream