I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown is a TV special released in 2003. It was released on VHS and DVD a year later in 2004.
Having seen the relationship between Snoopy and Charlie Brown, Rerun van Pelt is desperate for a dog of his own for Christmas. He asks Santa Claus for a dog. Unfortunately, his mother and older sister, Lucy do not believe that he is old enough to care for a dog. Frustrated, Rerun asks Charlie Brown if he can play with Snoopy. While initially cooperative, Snoopy quickly tires of Rerun's idea of fun and games, and after a while Snoopy begins to snub Rerun.
At Rerun's request, Snoopy asks his brother Spike to leave his home in the desert near Needles, California and come to visit. When Spike arrives, Lucy is appalled at his skinny figure and takes him in to fatten him up. After a short stay, Spike gains significant weight, which he then loses from fear while riding with Rerun on his mother's bike. Because Rerun's mother still will not allow Rerun to have his own dog, Charlie Brown tries to find another home for Spike but to no avail, prompting Spike to return to his desert home.
Rerun asks Charlie Brown if Snoopy can come out and pull him on his sled. Rerun finds himself pulling Snoopy on the sled instead, which makes him come to the conclusion that dogs can be troublesome.
Charlie Brown breaks the fourth wall at the end of the special by saying, "I always lie awake wondering, when will it all end? Then a voice tells me, 'Right after the credits.'"
Sound Effects Used
- CHARLIE BROWN'S TEACHER SOUND
- Hollywoodedge, Pottery Drop Break PE112401
- Hollywoodedge, Several Rapid Swish CRT054101
- Hollywoodedge, Wubble Wobble Spring PE940704
- SNOOPY LAUGH
- Sound Ideas, AIRPLANE, BIPLANE - STEARMAN: EXTERNAL: PASS BY 01
- Sound Ideas, BELL, SCHOOL - SCHOOL BELL: INT: LONG RING
- Sound Ideas, BITE, CARTOON - BIG CHOMP
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, WHIZZ - FAST WHIZZ BY
- Sound Ideas, DOOR, BELL - SINGLE RING
- Sound Ideas, KISS, CARTOON - BIG KISS, HUMAN 01
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - BIG WHISTLE ZING OUT
- WOODSTOCK LAUGH