Howard the Duck is a 1986 American science fiction comedy film directed by Willard Huyck and starring Lea Thompson, Jeffrey Jones, and Tim Robbins. Based on the Marvel comic book of the same title, the film was produced by Gloria Katz and written by Huyck and Katz, with George Lucas as executive producer. The screenplay was originally intended to be an animated film, but the film adaptation became live-action because of a contractual obligation. Although several TV adaptations of Marvel characters had aired during the preceding 21 years, this was the first theatrically released feature film, coming after the serial Captain America.
Lucas proposed adapting the comic book following the production of American Graffiti (1973). After multiple production difficulties and mixed response to test screenings, Howard the Duck was released in theaters on August 1, 1986. Upon its release, the film was a critical and commercial failure, and in the years since, is considered one of the worst films of all time. It was nominated for seven Razzie Awards (winning four), and made about US$15 million domestically compared to its US$37 million budget.
Sound Effects Used
- Anime Swish Sound 46
- SKYWALKER BODYFALL SOUNDS
- SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 01
- SKYWALKER, HUMAN - YELL, LONG, MALE 02
- SKYWALKER, JET - ARTOO'S ROCKET THRUSTERS
- SKYWALKER MACHINE GUN 01
- SKYWALKER PUNCHING SOUNDS
- Sound Ideas, DOG - DISTANT BARK, NEAR & FAR DOGS BARK AT NIGHT, ANIMAL
- Sound Ideas, INSECT, CRICKET - SINGLE, ANIMAL
- Sound Ideas, INSECT, GRASSHOPPER - MEADOW GRASSHOPPER W/ONE BG CRICKET, ANIMAL
- Wilhelm Scream