Heartland is a Canadian family drama television series which debuted in Canada on CBC on October 14, 2007 and in the US on both The CW and UPtv. Reruns also air on Light TV, BYUtv, and Retro TV.
The series is based on the Heartland book series by Lauren Brooke and follows Amy Fleming and her older sister Louise "Lou" Fleming on their family ranch in Alberta, known locally as 'Heartland', where they live with their widowed grandfather Jack Bartlett, their father Tim Fleming and hired farmhand Ty Borden. While experiencing the highs and lows of life at the ranch, the family bonds closer and grows over the years.
With the airing of its 139th episode on March 29, 2015, Heartland surpassed Street Legal as the longest-running one-hour scripted drama in Canadian television history.
In May 2020, the series was renewed for a fourteenth season.
This sprawling family saga takes place where an unfortunate tragedy has glued a family together to pull them through life's thick and thin moments. Follow young Amy Fleming as she slowly discovers she possesses her now-deceased mother's ability to aid injured horses as well as maintaining good relationships with those who are trying to get by one day at a time. The family pursues forgotten dreams and challenges as their strength is tested against personal struggles.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Baby Coo PE143901 (Heard in "Broken Arrow".)
- Hollywoodedge, Baby Crying Slowly PE144001 (Used for Baby Jerry Jr. when he cries in "Broken Arrow"; used for Baby Katie Morris when she cries in selected season 5 episodes, including "What's In a Name?" (during the very 1st scene), "Beyond Hell's Half Mile" (where it is heavily used mostly), and "Breaking Down and Building Up"; and used for Baby Lyndy Barden when she cries in selected season 11 episodes, including "Decision Time" and "Strange Bedfellows".)
- Hollywoodedge, Baby Whines Cries Huf PE145601 (Used for Baby Lyndy Barden when she cries in "Decision Time" and "Measuring Up".)
- Hollywoodedge, Cats Fighting Loud Sc PE917007/Hollywoodedge, Cats Two Angry YowlsD PE022601 (6th yowl; heard once in "The Haunting of Hanley Barn".)
- Hollywoodedge, Newborn Babies Cryin PE144301 (Heard once in "Greater Expectations" and "Baby on Board" (recap only) when Amy Fleming-Borden gives birth to a baby girl named Lyndy.)
- SKYWALKER BABY CRYING SOUND (Heard once in "Passages" and "Beyond Hell's Half Mile".)
- Sound Ideas, BABY - CRYING, OUT OF BREATH, HUMAN (Heard once in "What's In a Name?" for baby Catherine Morris crying when Peter Morris and Lou Fleming-Morris arrive at Heartland with her.)
- Sound Ideas, HORSE - 3 WHINNIES, 3 SNORTS, C.U, ANIMAL
- Sound Ideas, HORSE - EXTERIOR: WHINNY, ANIMAL 06
- Heartland (Canadian TV Series)/Image Gallery