April 11, 1993 – March 6, 1994
Overdevelopment and crowding in Japan has forced many of its indigenous spirits and ghosts to lose their homes. Due to problems caused by the homeless spirits, a new profession was created, the Ghost Sweepers (GS). Private exorcists for hire, they serve only the highest bidder to survive in the cutthroat corporate world. Among this, the Mikami GS Company, led by 20-year-old Reiko Mikami and her two assistants, the 17-year-old boy Tadao Yokoshima and the ghost girl Okinu, is said to be the best.
The manga setup is scenario-to-scenario, with many plots intertwining classic Japanese culture and modern day realities, with occasional references to Western influences. In between these plots are some longer story arcs where new characters are introduced and the existing characters are further developed. There is no one ongoing storyline, therefore the plots are character-driven and serve to gradually develop characters, especially the main protagonists.
- Ghost Sweeper Mikami (1994)
Sound Effects Used
- Anime Body Fall Sound 19
- HollywoodEdge (Europe Edition), Roland UK - Cicadas Chirping/Sound Ideas, JUNGLE, NIGHT - NIGHT TIME JUNGLE AMBIENCE: HEAVY CICADA CHORUS, FORESTS, JUNGLES & SWAMPS, INSECTS
- Hollywoodedge, Fast Exit Whoosh Wh CRT2012801
- Miscellaneous Anime Sound 5
- Miscellaneous Anime Sound 9