G.I. Joe: The Movie (also known as Action Force: The Movie in the UK) is a 1987 animated action-adventure film produced as a spin-off from the animated series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, based on the original Hasbro toyline. It was produced by Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions and was animated in Japan by Toei Animation Co., Ltd.
Time and time again, Cobra has been on the threshhold of global domination, only to be thwarted by the Joes. Now the ruthless terrorist organization has a new ally, the Cobra-La race, led by Golobulus. Golobulus wants to steal the Joes' "Broadcast Energy Transmitter" in order to ripen space spores and mutate the people of Earth. When Duke is injured and the rest of the force immobilized, it's up to the new "rawhides" and Slaughter's Marauders to pick up the slack and save the world.
Sound Effects Used
- Anime Fall Sound 4 (heard in the intro in a fairly low volume)
- Hollywoodedge, Synth Gun Shot Ricoch PE206601
- Robbit Flying
- SKYWALKER, BULLET - PROBE DROID BLASTER, SCI-FI?
- SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 07 (Heard in a low quality.)
- SKYWALKER, EXPLOSION - SMALL EXPLOSION
- SKYWALKER, WHOOSH - SYNTHESIZED JET FLY BY (processed)
- Sound Ideas, EXPLOSION - LARGE EXPLOSION 03 (H-B)
- WB FIRE HISS/WHOOSH SOUND/SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 20
- Whoosh Sound 1