Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare is a 1991 American slasher film and the sixth installment in the Nightmare on Elm Street series. It is the sequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) and was originally intended to be the concluding chapter of the series; Wes Craven's New Nightmare was released after The Final Nightmare but takes place outside the series canon. A canonical sequel, Freddy vs. Jason, was released later. This was New Line Cinema's first 3D film release. Critical reception to the film was very negative upon release. The film was released on September 13, 1991, and grossed $34.9 million on a budget of $9 to $11 million, surpassing its predecessor's gross.
Robert Englund reprises his role as Freddy Krueger. The film stars Lisa Zane, Yaphet Kotto, Breckin Meyer, Shon Greenblatt, Ricky Dean Logan, Lezlie Deane, and Tobe Sexton. Additionally, several well-known actors make cameo appearances in the film, including Johnny Depp (whose screen debut was in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street), Roseanne Barr, Tom Arnold, and Alice Cooper. Iggy Pop sings the title song, which plays during the end credits over a montage of scenes from the previous Nightmare films.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
- Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)