Festival of Family Classics is a Rankin/Bass animated series that originally aired between 1972 and 1973. It was re-aired 1 November 2005 on the Boomerang channel and on 16 June 2011 via the Teletoon Retro network.
Festival of Family Classics is a series of television versions of famous folk tales and classic literature. 16 of the 18 episodes were 20 minutes long. The two 40 minutes-long episodes (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Around the World in 80 Days) were split into two-parters, making 20 episodes in total. Many episodes were animated by two Japanese animation studios: Mushi Production and Topcraft.
Sound Effects Used
- Phil Kaye Ricochet
- R-B EXPLOSION - CANNON FIRING
- Sound Ideas, BOING, CARTOON - SMALL BOING
- Sound Ideas, BOUNCE, CARTOON - SINGLE TIMPANI BOUNCE 01
- Sound Ideas, COMEDY, ACCENT - SPROINGS
- Sound Ideas, DOOR, WOOD - BURST OPEN DOOR
- Sound Ideas, MOTOR, CARTOON - FUNNY RHYTHMIC MOTOR RUNNING
- Sound Ideas, SKID, CARTOON - SCREECHY SKID
- Sound Ideas, SPIN, CARTOON - RAPID VOCAL SPINNING?
- Sound Ideas, SPRONG, CARTOON - BIG SPRINGY SPRONG 01
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - BIG THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 02
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - QUICK WHISTLE ZIP OUT
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - QUICK WHISTLE ZIP OUT, HIGH
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - RICCO ZIP IN 01
- Sound Ideas, ZIP, CARTOON - RICCO ZIP IN 02
- Tod Dockstader "Boi-oi-oi-oing" Sound