Dinky Dog is a Saturday morning animated series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions which aired on CBS from September 9, 1978 to September 5, 1981. It was Hanna-Barbera's first show created and produced in Australia. Dinky Dog was originally broadcast as an 11-minute segment on The All New Popeye Hour. When The All New Popeye Hour was shortened to a half-hour and retitled The Popeye and Olive Comedy Show in September 1981, Dinky Dog was spun off into a show of its own, packing two 11-minute instalments per half-hour episode.
The show is about two girls, ditzy blonde Sandy (voiced by Jackie Joseph) and smart, sensible, bespectacled brunette Monica (voiced by Julie Bennett), living with their Uncle Dudley (voiced by Frank Nelson). Sandy bought a cute puppy named Dinky (voiced by Frank Welker), who suddenly grew to the size of a polar bear. He is also almost the same size as a horse. Dinky is a Briard. Sandy is now stuck dragging Monica into always finding work and different ways to repair the damages Dinky causes at their poor uncle's expense. Sure enough, however, Dinky always seems to fix things in an unexpected way and is forgiven, much to Uncle Dudley's dislike.
In the second portion of the series, Dudley takes the nieces for a world tour on a rented leisure boat, giving Dinky a chance to cause mishap on the different continents for more adventures.
Sound Effects Used
- H-B HIT, CARTOON - SMALL BONK 03
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON - DINKY DOG DIGGING
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON - SURPRISED TAKE AND CRASH
- Sound Ideas, ELEPHANT - ELEPHANT TRUMPETING, THREE TIMES, ANIMAL (Heard in "Dinky at the Circus".)
- Sound Ideas, GRUNT, CARTOON - SHORT GRUNT, HUMAN
- Sound Ideas, GRUNT, CARTOON - STRAINING GRUNT, HUMAN 01
- Sound Ideas, GRUNT, CARTOON - STRAINING GRUNT, HUMAN 02