Cutthroat Island is a 1995 comedy adventure film directed by Renny Harlin and written by Robert King and Marc Norman based on a story by Michael Frost Beckner, James Gorman, Bruce A. Evans, and Raymond Gideon. It stars Geena Davis, Matthew Modine, and Frank Langella. The film is an international co-production among companies in the United States, France, Germany, and Italy.
The film had a notoriously troubled and chaotic production, involving multiple rewrites and recasts, and received negative reviews for the script, acting, and unrealistic stunts, whereas the high production values, action sequences, shooting locations, and the musical score were praised. It was a box office bomb, having one of the highest losses when adjusted for inflation in film history at $147 million. It even appeared in the Guinness World Records for being the biggest box-office bomb of all-time and led to the pirate genre's demise at that point, until Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. It was the final film from Carolco Pictures before its closure.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Hawk Single Scre PE020901
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Peacock Calls Cl PE021401
- Hollywoodedge, Bottle Rocket 2 Picco PE098501
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Shatter PE110201
- Hollywoodedge, Lightning 08 CloseG SIG012601
- Hollywoodedge, Rope Snap Swish 1 SS011001
- Hollywoodedge, Screams 1 Woman Singl PE133501 (double pitched.)
- Hollywoodedge, Swish 11 Double Swish PE117001 (2nd swish)
- Hollywoodedge, Thunder Dry Rumbles PE050901
- Hollywoodedge, Wood Crash Large PE113501
- Hollywoodedge, Wood Door OCSqueak PE180401
- SONY FIREBALL ROARING SOUND
- Sound Ideas, HORSE - EXTERIOR: WHINNY, ANIMAL 05 (heard twice.)