Colors is a 1988 American police procedural action crime film starring Sean Penn and Robert Duvall, and directed by Dennis Hopper. The film takes place in the gang ridden neighborhoods of Los Angeles: late-1980s South Central Los Angeles, Echo Park, Westlake and East Los Angeles. The film centers on Bob Hodges (Duvall), an experienced Los Angeles Police Department C.R.A.S.H. officer, and his rookie partner, Danny McGavin (Penn), who try to stop the gang violence between the Bloods, the Crips, and Hispanic street gangs. Colors relaunched Hopper as a director 19 years after Easy Rider, and inspired discussion over its depiction of gang life and gang violence.
A confident young cop is shown the ropes by a veteran partner in the dangerous gang-controlled barrios of L.A. about to explode in violence in this look at the gang culture enforced by the colors that members wear.
Sound Effects Used
- FOX MACHINE GUN 01
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Rooster 2 Crow PE021501 (Used in a higher pitch for the rural ambiences.)
- Hollywoodedge, Machine Gun Silence PE1010701
- Hollywoodedge, Machine Gun Silence PE1103601
- SKYWALKER BULLET RICOCHET 01
- SKYWALKER, BULLET - HOTH BLASTER RICOCHET
- SKYWALKER GLASS, SMASH - LARGE WINDOW CRASH
- SKYWALKER, METAL - BIG VEHICLE CRASH (debut?)
- SKYWALKER, SLINKY DOG COILS (debut)
- Sound Ideas, Explosion Single Large 05 - Single large explosion with fiery ending