Clue is a 1985 American black comedy mystery film based on the board game Cluedo. The film was directed by Jonathan Lynn, who collaborated on the script with John Landis, and stars an ensemble cast of Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean, Martin Mull, and Lesley Ann Warren. The film was produced by Debra Hill.
In keeping with the nature of the board game, the theatrical release included three possible endings, with different theaters receiving one of the three endings. In the film's home video release, all three endings were included. The film initially received mixed reviews and did poorly at the box office, grossing $14.6 million in the United States against its budget of $15 million, but it later developed a considerable cult following.
Sound Effects Used
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 04
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - RICCO AND WHINE 04
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - BIG THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 02
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - BIG THUNDER CLAP AND RUMBLE, WEATHER 04
- Sound Ideas, THUNDER - THUNDER CRACKS, LONG ROLL OFF, HEAVY STORM, WEATHER