Burnout 3: Takedown is a racing video game developed by Criterion Games and published by Electronic Arts. It is the third instalment in the Burnout series, which is characterised by fast-paced arcade racing. A staple of the series is the use of boost, earned through risky driving, to rapidly increase a car's speed. The central mechanic introduced in Burnout 3 is Takedowns, which allow players to slam their opponents until they crash. Takedowns work in conjunction with the boost system by filling up and extending the boost meter. Aside from standard circuit races, the game features modes focused on performing Takedowns on rival vehicles and causing monetary damage at a junction occupied with traffic. Each game variant is featured in a single-player campaign mode called World Tour, which serves as the primary method for unlocking new and faster cars. The game supports both online and split-screen multiplayer.
Burnout 3 challenges you to crash into (and through) busy intersections, while creating as much damage as possible. You can battle your way to the front of the pack by taking down rivals and causing spectacular crashes. For those who thirst for crashes, the game includes a crash mode that rewards you for creating massive pileups. With multiplayer gameplay, more than 100 events, and 40 tracks, Burnout 3 provides intense speed and action.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Car Crash Small 1 Shor PE111901
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Glass PE110901
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Shatter PE110101
- Hollywoodedge, Crash Metal Shatter PE110201
- Hollywoodedge, Doppler Horn By LeftT PE079801 (Heard in one of Impact Time tracks in slowed down.)
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Glass Deb EXP024201
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion No Debris EXP020701 (An edited version is used when you fill up the boost meter from takedowns.)
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion No Debris EXP020901 (An edited version is used.)
- Hollywoodedge, Gusts Heavy Cold Wind PE031601
- Sound Ideas, ALARM, CAR - CAR ALARM GOING OFF, AUTO
- Sound Ideas, ELECTRICITY, SPARK - HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK, ELECTRICAL 01 (Heard in the beta version in one of Impact Time tracks.)
- DICK DE BENEDICTIS MUSIC ("Evil Mind 1" and "Doom Threat" used as a sample while Impact Time is activated)