Burnout 2: Point of Impact is the second game in the Burnout Series. It was developed by Criterion Games and published by Acclaim. It was released in 2002 for the PlayStation 2 and was then released for the GameCube in early April 2003 followed by the Xbox in late April in the form of a special edition developer's cut with improved features.
Burnout 2: Point of Impact is the follow-up to the original smash hit with improved graphics, faster gameplay, and bigger, more spectacular crashes. While the first Burnout was inspired by European movies and locations, its sequel is inspired by American films such as The Fast and the Furious. Set in US locations, the game gives you an all-new set of vehicles: modified Japanese cars, pickups, SUVs - plus some bonus rides such as police cruisers, and classic 50's hotrods. Also, expect tighter handling, better crash deformations, new music, new game structure, enhanced physics, new lighting, improved car models, a new replay system, and fast-paced fun.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Explosion Incoming EXP023101
- Hollywoodedge, Gnat By Low Fast Whist PE212201
- Hollywoodedge, Police Wailer Siren PE080801/Hollywoodedge, Siren Police Wailer TE041801 (low pitched)
- Hollywoodedge, Police Whooper Siren CT062001
- Sound Ideas, ALARM, CAR - CAR ALARM GOING OFF, AUTO