Big Fat Liar is a 2002 American teen comedy film, directed by Shawn Levy, written by Dan Schneider and Brian Robbins, and starring Frankie Muniz, Paul Giamatti, Amanda Bynes, Amanda Detmer, Donald Faison, Lee Majors, Russell Hornsby, and Kenan Thompson.
The film tells a story about a 14-year-old pathological liar, Jason Shepherd (Muniz), whose creative writing assignment is stolen by an arrogant Hollywood producer, Marty Wolf (Giamatti), who later plans to use it to make the fictional film of the same name. The film is an allusion to the Aesop's Fable, The Boy Who Cried Wolf, with Jason Shepherd being analogous to the shepherd boy in the story and Marty Wolf, analogous to the wolf. It was released in the United States on February 8, 2002.
Who's afraid of the big bad Wolf? Not Jason Shepherd (Frankie Muniz), who has to prove that sleazy Hollywood producer Marty Wolf (Paul Giamatti) stole his class paper and turned it into a blockbuster hit movie, "Big Fat Liar." Traveling to Los Angeles with his best friend Kaylee (Amanda Bynes), Jason tries to break into show business -- literally. Through a hilarious series of pranks and ruses, Jason brings one of Hollywood's most powerful producers to his knees.
Sound Effects Used
- Hollywoodedge, Bird Hawk Single Scre PE020801
- Hollywoodedge, Elephant Trumpeting PE024801 (1st, 2nd and 3rd trumpets)
- Hollywoodedge, Fiery Metallic Swis CRT054902
- Hollywoodedge, Horses Several Whinn PE025201/Horse Whinnies Group AT045501 (1st and 2nd whinnies.)
- Hollywoodedge, Lincoln Town Car In Sk PE073501 (Heard once in a double high pitch.)
- Hollywoodedge, Medium Exterior Crow PE140501 (Heard once in a double high pitch at the end.)
- Hollywoodedge, School Bell Long Ring PE193401 (Heard twice in a high pitch.)
- Hollywoodedge, Swish 9 Single PE116801
- Hollywoodedge, Telephone Rings Bell PE170601 (Heard once in a high pitch.)
- Sound Ideas, BIRD, CROW - COMMON CROW: CALLS, ANIMAL (Heard once in a low volume.)
- Sound Ideas, PINBALL - PINBALL MACHINE: LONG PLAY, ARCADE
- Sound Ideas, SPACE, WHOOSH - FAST WHOOSH BY, SCI FI 09 (Heard twice. First heard once during the song "Right Here, Right Now" by Fatboy Slim, and then heard again, along with the 10th version, during a backlot chase scene.)
- Sound Ideas, SPACE, WHOOSH - FAST WHOOSH BY, SCI FI 10 (Heard 7 times.)
- Sound Ideas, SPACE, WHOOSH - FAST WHOOSH BY, SCI FI 14 (Heard in the opening credits during the song "Come On, Come On" by Smash Mouth.)
- Big Fat Liar (2002)/Image Gallery