Armageddon is a 1998 American science fiction disaster film directed by Michael Bay, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and released by Touchstone Pictures. The film follows a group of blue-collar deep-core drillers sent by NASA to stop a gigantic asteroid on a collision course with Earth. It stars Bruce Willis and an ensemble cast comprising, Ben Affleck, Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler, Owen Wilson, Will Patton, Peter Stormare, William Fichtner, Michael Clarke Duncan, Keith David, and Steve Buscemi.
When an asteroid threatens to collide with Earth, NASA honcho Dan Truman (Billy Bob Thornton) determines the only way to stop it is to drill into its surface and detonate a nuclear bomb. This leads him to renowned driller Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis), who agrees to helm the dangerous space mission provided he can bring along his own hotshot crew. Among them is the cocksure A.J. (Ben Affleck), who Harry thinks isn't good enough for his daughter (Liv Tyler), until the mission proves otherwise.
Sound Effects Used
- GODZILLA ROAR
- Hollywoodedge, 35mm Still Camera 3 El PE178901
- Hollywoodedge, Telephone Rg Dual Ton PE170301
- SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 02
- SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 09
- SKYWALKER EXPLOSION 12
- SKYWALKER, EXPLOSION - MEDIUM SET-OFF WITH WHISTLE
- SKYWALKER, SIREN - AIR RAID SIREN
- SKYWALKER, WHISTLE - GIANT FLAMING WHISTLE (debut)
- Sound Ideas, GUN FOLEY - HANDLING 12 GAUGE MOSSBERG SHOTGUN RELOADING
- TOP GUN Flyby 1
- WB BULLET RICOCHETS